Thursday, April 2, 2009

Maxing It

Apr 2

In about 10 days, it will be race sunday on 12 Apr again.
thumbsup.gif

However, I'm quite sure now that I will NoT be using
my kart for it. The parts for my repairs are unavail
until next week or so.
So instead of rushing the repairing or worrying too much
about it, I will use my friend's kart for the race.
Gillard Chassis with a Rotax Max engine.
My friend's in Norway now. tongue.gif

KP, if you are reading this, I know I will have your
blessings right? nod.gif

It should pose an interesting question for myself using
this kart.
Because I had been moaning about how my Rok engine
had been underperforming due to its relatively lack of
torque, so with this Max & Gillard I 'should' be getting
better & decent result if I do stay out of trouble.

Then again, if I cannot get used to the chassis and its brake
then it will be all fun ride race for me again! shakehead.gif
But I must try!

Hence, I must find some time to do the following:

* Practise! obviously, of course. I really must get used to
the brake and find the best rhythm for the getting into
and out of corners.

Before that I should:

* check out the front alignment
* check gear oil
* check radiator
* check carb settings
* put on correct rear sprocket for race configurations
* put on my set of tyres

After all these are done, I can only drive it to the limit
and hope for the best!
smile.gif

No comments: