Monday, April 20, 2009

Do it my way..

19 Apr

There is a telecast of the Shanghai F1 Grand Prix at 3pm
so my plan for the day is to start about 9am plus and
start my way to Singapore about 12.30pm.

Which I did achieved.

I did also achieved a reasonably good 4 runs of about ~10 laps
each. I was not going for long race runs but looking to see
how I can extract maximum speed with the kart. And of
all the runs I did something in the mid of 47 seconds
which is decent enough. smile.gif
What makes this times look better is when I gathered from
Graeme that they managed 48-49 seconds the day before..

Just reading from times, I am a second to 2 ahead of them.
That can't be too right. Rather than me been fast, I wondered
rather what made them go slow.
From Tony who was there on Saturday too, the engine seems
to be affected from the immense heat. Running temperature hit
about 67degC sunny.gif It is likely the conditions the day before is
just too brutal on engine, tyres and drivers.

While my runs had been warm and humid too, I cannot have an
accurate temperature readings. The Alfano on my friend's kart
has a very faulty sensors. Apart from that, the kart seems to
work very fine.

Basically I am happy with the day's "works". I do believed I
should be able to go a bit faster with a further widening of the rears
which hops abruptly when power kicks in.
Also in the very last run, after gotten another 3 quick laps the throttle
line jammed! sweatdrop.gif Thankfully, I was able to control it and bring it back
to pits with nothing else damaged I reckoned.

I think I just have to practice more of Track B configuration
as the Spoon curve is really demanding on the neck as well as the body.
18 laps in each heat to come in May will be a torturous fun. grin.gif
I just hope for a dry race with absolutely no problem whatsoever. wink.gif

No comments: