Saturday, April 4, 2009

Of racing... everything / nothing matters

4 Apr

Yesterday evening, one of the guys who races with us in JB
replied my email after I asked him how did his race in China went

To be frank, I was expecting a simple reply of "Good", or "No Good"
kind of replies... but boy oh boy, did he got my karting 'urge' surging
with his race report! It was "simulating" to sat the least tongue.gif

I have to thank my friend, Ivan, for an encouragement at the end
of his email. smile.gif

I will work hard, my friend! nod.gif So far, i think I had being let down
by a series of really cock up by others, myself and the engine.

Anyhow, now let's see what he wrote:

My Race last week was dramatic.. but the result was poor..

In the past years, I could only qualify 20-24th ... this time, I just did a slow lap time again, and originally I though I could be 20-24th again... but at the end.. I qualified 2nd! thumbsup.gif I really couldn't get used to this position. This is a national race, not club race. It is incredible. I didn't have any secret weapon. Maybe I could get the grip faster in the semi dry surface.

But after that, my nightmare began. In the 1st heat, the 1st one and myself was disqualified because of "leading too fast in the rolling start" In fact, I just followed the first one beside me. I shouldn't say I was victim but learn a lesson anyway.

In the 2nd heat I started in the inside line, so this time I led the start. I kept the speed damn slow... at about 3000rpm before start finish line. It is really too slow.. as you know our Yamaha are all direct drive. Without clutch, engine will stall if speed is too slow. haha.. so at the end.. it caused some karts couldn't start.... I dropped to 3rd in the first corner because. my engine also nearly stall.. then I gained 1 position and finished 2nd in the second heat.

Heat 1 no result and 2nd in Heat 2, in the prefinal I had to start in 10th place which is the most dangerous position. I made a good start in the first few laps, I managed to overtake several cars. My engine was damn good so I could make some easy attacks... but of course the one in front of me kept very conservative line. we are all familiar with this track so I started to find it hard when fighting for 5th place. But you know there are always some slow and aggressive guys that ruin your result easily (like what you met in the 1st round). The kart behind me use my rear bumper as brake after the long straight. My kart spun and became a bowling ball hitting another one out of track. smallcry.gif I really thank him very much. furious.gif

I replaced the damaged rear axle to join the final. Started at 14th. The engine is really powerful. It helped me to overtake 3-4 karts after start finish line! Then again. Disaster happened. The one in front of me spun. It was too close I found no way to escape, hit him badly and then the kartssss behind me also crashed me heavily. I was like a snooker ball to be hit out of the track. sweatdrop.gif The new axle which only ran 1 formation lap and 1 long straight bended! shakehead.gif

What a shame I had a chance to get a good result, but in vain. Anyway, It is good I start to convince myself I am not slow. I still can lead rolling start in the national race. happy.gif

Failure is a process, but not a result. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

I will be back. Don't stay in the last position, come to fight with me! nod.gif

No comments: