Monday, April 6, 2009

Kart no.6

6 Apr

Yesterday, as planned I went to the track bright
and early and gotten to do what I had to on my
friend's kart.

All in all, the tasks took close to 2 hours to complete
before I took it to the track. wink.gif

In less than a lap, the engine went dead! Oh SHOOT...! sweatdrop.gif
Then I remembered that the battery terminals always
came off loose for Max engines if it's not secured very tightly.
True enough, one of the terminals came off.
Have to pit to solve issue number 1...

Yup, after it's done, problem number 2 come on.
Same symptom, the engine just went dead while I was out
on the track. shocked.gif I checked the battery terminals and there's
no way it is loose. Thankfully, I was near the pits and somehow
managed to get back to check.

Fuel line is disconnected from the fuel filter.
I'm just happy that these things happened now and not
during a race Sunday.

As per what I wanted to do on the track today were
to get hold of the braking. My friend had told me previously
that the brake is not as biting as mine, but after some
adjustments and time to know the brake system it was not
as difficult to get the braking points I wanted to.
I will not be as quick as I wish to be. At least, I know I will not
crash my friend's precious kart because of brakes or the
lack of it! biggrin.gif

And oh, I had not have so much fun on a kart for a long time.
This Max engine pull out of corner very nicely. It feels great.
I just feel to find the best touch on the throttle so that it will
smooth through the corners. happy.gif

Now I also wish that my Rok engine will be back with similar
'power'.

I await now the coming race and hope to bring this kart back
in respectable finishing positions. nod.gif


Front Alignment by Sniper V2, checked!


New Fuel tank for its track day! tongue.gif

No comments: