Thursday, March 26, 2009

Listless Rok...

26 March

Today I finally get off my arse and grab the engine back
to Singapore for Ah Khiang to take a look.

I was hastened and had asked Jason in Plentong to check
it out 1st. However, as mentioned they had problem starting
it up and after checking they deem it's the stator motor that
is the problem. Replacing it will cost a massive RM1400 or so!
sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

Suspecting there might be an alternative to it, I had to
bring the engine back.

Initial diagnostic is not too good. The piston looks too wear out.
I had since suspect this as I was running lean to Too Lean when
we all shifted from Premas to Plentong. Using a main jet of
160 or 162 just do not give the engine enough fuel to burn for
power.. In long term, piston suffers. shakehead.gif And now this is the case.
SIGH bigcry.gif wacko.gif

I do not know now how much it may cost to repair it.
But I just hope after the repair, the engine and kart will perform
better than previously.
A blessing in disguise then... I really hope this is. blush.gif

No comments: