Monday, March 16, 2009

Lost... and Wet

15 March

Race 2.

Horrible! Horrible in qualifying. Last, except for Ivan who
did not did his qualifying I was last!! lipsrsealed.gif
Timing was almost 2 second off the front guys!
Maybe I got the tire pressure wrong. Maybe I had too much
fuel in. Maybe the engine was off... or perhaps I was just slow
Darn it!

However, when Heat 1 got underway I realised that my kart
just does not move out of corner at the same speed as the rest.
After that, the rest will just move further away from me.
Is it that an engine servicing due?

I have this suspicion confirmed when Tony managed to lap
me at about the start finish line... I tried to move together
with him for the long straight to test the engine output.
I reckon even if the skill level differs, the engine should be able
to push relatively the same on a straight line.

Apparently, it can't! confused.gif Even though I was using a slightly higher
torque setting on rear sprocket, I just cannot get close to Tony
through the corner and from there his engine just seems to have
more power for the long straight. Both of us are using Rok.
I was bemused. Ending the race in fifth from 8th is not too bad.
However, consider all things it wasn't good enough.

I wasn't even able to get into a position to really race with
the front runners. It was disappointing.

Heat 2 started when the track is all wet and it was still drizzling.
We waited for Mary to come on to the grid for about 10mins
and yet she did not arrived since she had problems starting her
kart. sweatdrop.gif

By the time, it was signal that she wasn't able to start the race, I
had problem starting my kart too.. darn! wacko.gif Allan had the same
problem too.
However, it may be a blessing in disguise as the rain then came
down heavily. Tony spun out. Leo did too.
It was tricky to a point it was rather dangerous too.

Even the rain master, Noel, said to me after he finished 1st of
the 3 runners that it was plain crazy to run in the condition. shocked.gif

Before going off, I saw the Woodland Checkpoint was very jam, so
I asked Tony if he knows how to go to Tuas Check point which
looks clear. He said he know.... but we end up driving for 3 hours
before I got home... we practically drove off course for 76km!
And had to make a about turn for that distance.

That sums up my Sunday.... but I will believe there will be
some good Sundays coming!
happy.gif

No comments: