Thursday, March 11, 2010

Stay Chill

11 March

A few more reflections of the race last Sunday.

Beginning with the race start, both starts were poor AGAIN. shakehead.gif
I was just very lucky that I did not made to suffer from it.
Although KP told me he did....
Since he was directly behind me for the Heat 1 start, my slow
getting away hindered his and his engine stalled when he had
to brake to avoid hitting me.
My apologies, buddy! blush.gif

His pace was good that day after he overcame his engine stall
and got going. He was fourth after the 1st 3-4 laps chasing me
down for third.

Then his exhaust broke! mellow.gif

So I was lucky again! But when we spoke I had to agree he
would/ may have make my race slightly more interesting.
The question is then now... do I want interesting or just 'boring' ??
lipsrsealed.gif
Heat 1, I was firmly setting my sights on Allan Lange, and I feel
my driving wasn't too bad.

It is Heat 2 that I felt I was driving like a novice all over again! thumbsdown.gif
Perhaps it was because of the flying moment that gave me some
jitters. I knew I had to defend somewhat from the guys close
behind.
But driving over some high kerbs, braking too late, turning in too
early into the hairpins was not my 'style'... dizzy.gif
In short, I was feeling the heat literally for the 1st few laps of
Heat 2, and I let it affects me!
Luckily, after a few laps with Tony & Louis behind I managed
to calm myself down and drove more sensibly.
I reckon that's about when I started to pull away from them.

Self confidence is one factor I really need to incorporate into my
driving, beside my horrendous starts too.

I do felt the one month or so away really do me no good.
Some of the lines that were practiced was off (slightly or otherwise).
I do recognize I am not very talented, which is why I need to have
more track time.

Practice may not make me perfect, but at least I will be closer to it.
Time to hit the track soon! smile.gif

No comments: