Sunday, March 28, 2010

Kart watching

28 March

Without an engine, I could not race even if I wanted to today.
But I was in to take a peek, and see how the guys are doing
before I head back to watch the Australia F1 race.

The field today is quite good. The qualifying times is quite tight.

And oh, Louis did decided to change the track layout after the
lot of them had told him that the Track A is too short per lap.
So it is Track H for the race.
Qualifying times:
Ang 37.00s, James 37.03s
Gary 37.18s, Leo 37.43s
Louis 37.50s, Alan Smith 37.88s
Allan Robert 37.89s, Mark 38.22s
Graeme 38.50s, Kenneth Wong 38.88s
Andre 40.31s

As you will see, out of the eleven guys 7 of them had less than
a second between them.
Although my inital plan was to just stay until the qualifying, now
I just had to watch at least the first of the 2 Heats. smile.gif

Glad that I did, as nothing beat good 'live' actions up close and
personal!



Video @ FBook: Race Start

The race was good to watch all the way from the start to the
last lap of the last corner!
And the lead was swapped between Ang and James quite a couple
of times during the course of the race.
From where I can see, there was an incident when Louis hit the rear
of Leo quite hard at the hairpin just before the start finish line.
That impact resulted in Leo to DNF with a cracked exhaust.
Naturally, I guess he wasn't too pleased with that.
He had not finished a proper heat in a long while. lipsrsealed.gif

Race Actions Video @ FBook



The other dramatic actions come from Ang and James.
They had been since been trading places for the lead before the
last lap.
Ang seems to have good pace in the pit areas which may suggest
he is running a bigger sprocket than James.
Everytime Ang overtook James around the pits area, James will
just pass him before 130R.
So in the last lap, I was thinking something will happened and it did...
in the last corner no less!
James was leading Ang by a kart length or so..
James turned into the corner, and Ang thinking there was some space
for him to challenge for the entry of the hairpin, outbraked himself and
dived in...
Ang's kart hit Jame's left, and it climbed onto his kart. shocked.gif
They were entangled for quite awhile before they got separated.
Ang then just went on rolling to finish ahead of James, but
just then Gary came charging in and he actually finish ahead of James
in a blur!
What a finish! What a exciting race for me watching from the sides.

Now I'm just hoping the new Rotax Max will arrived soon.
I want to be part of the actions too! wink.gif
ah... and for my 'trouble' in the 7 March race which I finished 3rd
I got this
tongue.gif
Obviously we don't race for the trophies, but it is just nice to have
something to show for the effort we put in.
Even if there's nothing to show for it, I guess the lot of us will still race.

No comments: