Monday, February 2, 2009

Moving along to Feb 09

Feb 15 will start a brand new 'season' of kart races in Plentong.
So with the new airbox fitted nicely on the kart, I would think
it will easily go faster... And I was wrong! It's about the same.
Hence the only good thing about this airbox is now it has a filter
that keep dust and debris going into the engine.


The session on 1 Feb is quite odd, to be honest. Although I going at
about high of 47 sec, I was feeling really out of place in the kart.
Or should I say out of pace. Perhaps with the caster was set too much
for the front. The kart feel too much nervous for my liking. It's like
I had to prepare to counter steer for any steer inputs I gave it.
Yes, it turn sharply into corners, too sharply.
I was ok when the tyres are new, I reckon. But when the grip start
to go away, it pose some problems. For me at least.

Ah well, something for me to do the next time when I hit the track.

A friend took some pics of me on the track....


No comments: