Saturday, January 31, 2009

Gear Up


One may wonder what is needed in terms of equipment when
you are in the race kart.

This is what I have:

1. Helmet. it's a obvious need as all frequent karters will have
one of their own. It has to be fitting.

2. Gloves..... hidden in my helmet! hahaha

3. Knee guard. for my right knee as it always get very sore
after the sessions. I reckon it's from 'grabbing' to the fuel tank
through corners.

4. Shoe. Puma. Its thin sole helps in giving the feel to the throttle
& brakes pedals.

5. Rib protector. Vitally important, one do not want their rib bang
up when I'm in a rigid kart seat, and without any form of suspension.

6. Tee & shorts. to be worn inside the suit. thus I choose the coolest
wear I can find for this purpose.

7. Kart Suit. Interestingly, I will say that this piece of gear is not 100%
important. i.e. as long as I do not crash heavily. However, some times
accidents just happen. So it always good to be prepared.

With all these, I'm ready to hit the road and track tomorrow, 1 Feb 2009.
wink.gif

No comments: