Saturday, January 10, 2009

Better in Time..

Track Test on 10 Jan, 2009

It had been some time when I think there will some
aches tomorrow morning, but it had also been a long time
since I had much smiles when I was in my kart, pushing it
hard. biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif

At long last, I think the majority of my 2008 track woes are
eradicated. Finally!! thumbsup.gif I feel the engine coming alive again!
I feel the kart moving again! thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

To be honest, I had never thought I will see this day ever
again. But I had some good friends who had helped me along,
and the mechanics at the track side always giving my hints.

Instead of packing up my bags, and giving up, which I had
indeed thought of previously, I chose to dig in and try
harder some more.

Today, we had a mini race with 8 guys. I was asked to be in
the pole position. I was wondering if I'm up for this as all my
previous race results in 2008 are just simply awful.
However, I went ahead and lead the field for the rolling lap,
and start race proper.

Once the race got underway, I was constantly checking where
Graeme, who started second, may be trying to overtake me.
But I can't see him. So I went on. Then I realised the rest of the
field was somehow stuck behind Graeme for the first few laps.
During these times, I was able to pull out a lead.
Not a comfortable lead, but it was still nice to lead a 'race' ! sly.gif

However, at about 8 / 9 laps in, I was overtaken by one of the
meachanics, Ah Seng, who had joined us for the 'fun race'.
A lap later, Kenneth came at me and took second place.
I was panting then. I was tired. But I was having great fun!
tongue.gif

At the end, I finished 3rd. And quite surprising, I had my
own personal fastest lap time on the final lap. The second,
and third fastest times are all from lap 11 onwards.
I need to understand why this is so. I was supposedly
tired when I had all the faster times.

Now, I do not want to bother too much on it. I just want to
remember this good day on the track, and may I have more
of such. And hope it will all get better in time! smile.gif

wub.gif I love my kart inlove.gif cool.gif

cheers

No comments: