Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lingering Pain...

28 Feb

I will go for a swim during lunchtime every now and then,
as the swimming pool is near to my office. I take it as a
cardiac workout and a back muscle strengthening program
too.

Yesterday, as usual I went and was planning to do 4 sets of
200m breast stroke then 200m freestyle. But when I start to do
my freestyle strokes I could feel my left shoulder hurting. lipsrsealed.gif
As a matter of fact it had been hurting for awhile now.

Agreeing with myself that I will not push it, I just swim the
rest of the distance with breaststroke.

There after, I went for a consult with TCM doctor.
As he started the light massage over my left shoulder blade,
I almost started to yell and scream for HELP... smallcry.gif
And yes, he was only just starting and it was on very little
strength on the 'injured' area. 20 minutes of enduring and 'near
death' later, my left arms feel immobile. I cannot raise the hand
to my shoulder level, nor could I reach my back pocket with my
left arm.

this SUCKs! bigcry.gif

So I now have to rest the arm, and pray for a quick recovery
for March 15.

I just have a belief that this hurt is derive from the accident I had
from the last race... darn.
Can only hope that like most injuries, one will recover and be stronger
in the area. I sure hope so for my case here. smile.gif

No comments: