Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thanks for reading

27 Sept


On 25 Sept, while I was at the track I was actually approached
by a guy who asked me for advice as he was thinking to get
a kart. Louis had offered him one kart at RM11,000, Arrow
chassis with a Rotax Max engine.

His question to me is if it's 'ok'

Well, Bryan, my friend, if you are reading this as you had told me
you came across my blog, do consider the CRG with Rotax Max
instead from Graeme.
All you probably need to tweak from that is the carb setting, and
a smaller seat, as I know the engine was just recently rebuilt and
the chassis do look better too !

Here I would like to clarify that I am not saying not to buy from
Louis but my knowledge of the kart he's selling is zero.
Most time, he had little of it too. I know Graeme. I know he will
at least sell something that is good enough for you to start off
without having to keep paying more soon after the purchase...

Oh, as per to the title, I would really like to thank those who
took time to read what I had to write here. Although the web site
is not bursting with crazy numbers, I'm just happy that sometimes
my experience in words managed to assist a few others in their
karting pursuit.

Because I remember there was no help at all when I was really
interested to start off a few years back. I just dive right in just
hoping and thinking I can be fast only to realise later Go Karting
is quite a serious sports.
It requires me to be a relatively fit and healthy which I need to
allocate time to have a work out every now and then.
I need time to read about the chassis I had, and more time to test
on the track.
Then I need more time to look at the engine specs, and learn to
maximize the performance with its settings along with the carb.
I also need more time to look at the tyres and see how I can use
them smartly.
It is not done yet, as I still need time to fine tuning my driving

So if one wants to get into the sports, and want to do it seriously,
there are things to be done before the race. The race itself is just
an event. The preparation is much more important. How much
time you spent on the preparations will result with a likely bigger
satisfaction of a sweet tasting fruit.

It seems I had write more than I thought I will for today.
tongue.gif

Once again, my sincere thanks for reading my humble blog.
wink.gif


No comments: