Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Man & Machine = Speed!

22 Sept

Yesterday being a public holidays I had time on my hand and
I did a couple of 'interesting' stuffs

To begin with, I drove to Changi Exhibition Centre to see Mika
Hakkinen drive a supercar at about 11.30am thumbsup.gif

This place is quite buried away from the main city or estate of
Singapore.

Honestly this is the first time I saw this retired F1 legend in flesh
and blood, and my initial impression is that he's tall! I say this in
relatively term to Hekki who is definitely shorter than me.


Mika's duty for the day was to drive a few blokes from Johnnie Walker
and the press in the supercar. It was fun to watch only for awhile.


Then I was off as there was no shelter at all for the general public.
I mean, if the organizer only want to treat the event as an exclusive
I think they should not even publicize it. lipsrsealed.gif
There were kids and adults alike standing in the bloody hot sun just to
watch the car moving front and back... sunny.gif



Beside me, a few more left very shortly he stopped at the end of the
first run. Still though, I'm glad to see one of my all time favourite F1
driver. (now, do u know where i get my helmet design inspiration from?)
cool.gif

I ran some errands after that, and headed down to the Arena track,
which is call 'kartright speedway'
For more information, please go to http://www.kartright.com/
I managed to walked the track, and I can see that it will be a challenging
track although it is relatively short at only 750m.
At the moment though, I must say it is one of the better track that we
have in Singapore.

Oh, I heard news that the Toro Rosso team may be heading down to
this track on Wed, 23 Sept, 2-6pm.
Those who have time will see Sébastien Buemi, and Jaime Alguersuari,
I think. I will try to sneak out and watch some actions there if I can. tongue.gif

Thinking that my day is done with moving around, I then headed towards
Tuas track. Uncle Yee knew that there are going to be some kart actions,
and off we went.

While the Arena track was in the preparation stage, the Tuas track was
having a flurry of activities. I arrived to the sound of Motocross bikes
storming around the track. But as I looked at the people who are
already there, many familiar faces were there as well. Ben Goh, Ah
Sheng, Thad, Paul, Roland, Ah Khiang, Andy etc. All of these guys
are involved in karting in one way or another. It was really interesting
catching up with some of them here in Singapore, as I only see most
of them in JB. biggrin.gif


So while I could not race in Plentong, I managed to do a couple
of things related to machines which thus compensate my 'addiction' for
speed. happy.gif



No comments: