Monday, May 31, 2010

How Fast?

31 May


Was just thinking about this:

How many times did someone asked me 'how fast can a go kart go?'
This can be asked when it is at the track or during food & drinks when I
answered Go Kart is my hobby.

Many times... had I been asked this particular question.
'FAST..!' is not really an answer they want to hear or something for them
to comprehend.

So based on last race with the track distance at 1.035km I think I had
worked out this if one complete the track in:

i. 46 sec, the average speed is 80.99 km/h

ii. 45 sec, the average speed is 82.8 km/h

iii. 44 sec, the average speed is 84km/h

Do note this is the average speed taking into the consideration there's
slow hairpins and also the fast long straight.
Which means at some point the top speed should be close to 90++ km/h
or even 100km/h... !! ohmy.gif thumbsup.gif

That said, looking at the figures, I just have to be truly appreciate how
little differences can make up so much time! shocked.gif
If one can drive better to have more speed overall by just a mere 2km/h
(relative to road car) one can reduce the lap time by one second!

Of course, that is easier said than done.

Since now I am between 46s and 45s, my aim will be hitting a flat 45s per
lap consistently. wink.gif

With the figures, which I hope I calculated correctly, I think I know now
how to achieved my objective..

Just drive faster lor! tongue.gif tongue.gif

2 comments:

airworm said...

Good calculation..definitely adrenaline pumping to drive that fast...

Velocita Karting said...

not only driving around... racing this fast is really both fun and tiring :) for me, i just focus on the fun portion! ;p