Monday, October 12, 2009

Alocholic Driving

12 Oct

Bad race for me. Superbly off colour. mellow.gif
I hope this do not come as an excuse, but a huge lesson
to learn from instead. I really need to write this down for
a stark reminder for myself.
It all started with a full day activities on Saturday,
which ended with more than my fair share of beer intake.
It was a great fun night, but it totally screwed up my race.
bigcry.gif

I did not even want to wake up. And after I did, I had to
visit washroom more times than usual. lipsrsealed.gif

Then my qualifying and Heat 1, I did not know/ realised that
my Power Valve was all the way out which means I had very
poor low end torque. Screwed by someone who thinks he
knows a lot but only talk too much. And that someone had
a huge quarrel with customer who wanted a refund for fun
kart. Now, you likely to know who's the "someone"

Qualified 6th, almost 2 second off James Lee.
Then finished Heat 1, in 6th. With Alan Lange hot on my rear.
Heat 2, finished at 7th.
In a summary, because there was really nothing too much
worth mentioning. Other than 2 bad rolling starts, and
inability to overtake
bigcry.gif wacko.gif

All I can sum up for the race was not I am not aching at all
today. Nothing. It's like I wasn't even in a race yesterday.
Thinking back, the feeling while I was in the kart is that I
could not do more knowing that I can.
It is like there was something I cannot access to in my brain.
hur.gif

I could see that most of my race line is off, and I still keep
doing it wrong. Likewise for my steering inputs, braking
points and throttle rhythm... I knew everything is out of
sync and yet I still cannot get it right even though I know
how.
It was like I was just going through the motion of driving...
BADLY.
Below, I found an article today which describe the effects
of alcohol to sports performance. If only, I know about it
sooner.

There were a few incidents in the race which deserved
some mention here.

1st, during Heat 1, Mark in front of Leo. Mark's air filter
dislodged and flew past Leo head !!

Please see video at Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=155716381669&ref=nf

The video also show that the 125cc has a huge disadvantage
when the race track has a long straight. Leo is more than
an average driver, with him having much difficulties
in getting past Mark it just goes to show the weight requirement
to have the engine power equalized do not work at all for 4 strokes.
Not to say Mark is slow, but Leo is definitely a much faster driver.
Hence, here horsepower just speaks louder than skill and technique.
huh.gif

Next incident whcih also involved Leo. At the start of Heat 2,
green flag dropped and everyone floored their throttle.
In front of me were Wee How (4th) and Leo (2th).
Leo did not get off quickly and Wee How did. Wee How whacked
into his Leo's right rear tyre and flew over it.
All this happened in front of me and I had to brake to avoid hitting
Leo or Wee How. That cost me at least 3 or 4 positions.
smallcry.gif
Game over to get a good race.

In the later stage of Heat 2, I had to race with KP and Alan Smith.
It was fun... but I was just angry with myself in the last few laps
to be honest. Way too angry that I actually did not see the
chequered flag and race another lap... what an idiot I am.

All in all, it had been an experience which I sweared I will never
want to feel again.

It's not about getting points or position. It's about me not being
able to push to the limits that I can. DARN....!
I just need to 'think' about the race in Nov, and give it a better
shot then.

Anyway, in Macau over the weekends, CRG using Maxter
engine
with Kozlinski piloting it won the World Karting
Championship Super KF, the principal class in world karting.

Enjoy the video and the real superb race








Alcohol and Exercise

Alcohol affects the body's ability to turn food into energy, it slows down reaction times, increases body heat loss and reduces endurance.

If you have alcohol 24 hours before exercising you are more likely to develop muscle cramps.

After exercising the body needs to be rehydrated. It's not helpful to drink alcohol as it will just continue to dehydrate the body further.

What difference can a couple of drinks make

What may surprise you is the number of ways the proverbial couple
of drinks can affect your performance.

If you take your sport seriously, and like to do the best you can for yourself or your team, it's worth knowing the facts and what you can do to drink sensibly.

Endurance

The blood sugar your body needs for energy is produced by the liver releasing glucose into the blood stream. Alcohol reduces your body's ability to produce this sugar, so you have less energy and less endurance capac
Alcohol affects the body's ability to turn food into energy, it slows down reaction times, increases body heat loss and reduces endurance.

If you have alcohol 24 hours before exercising you are more likely to develop muscle cramps.

After exercising the body needs to be rehydrated. It's not helpful to drink alcohol as it will just continue to dehydrate the body further.

What difference can a couple of drinks make

What may surprise you is the number of ways the proverbial couple
of drinks can affect your performance.

If you take your sport seriously, and like to do the best you can for yourself or your team, it's worth knowing the facts and what you can do to drink sensibly.

Endurance

The blood sugar your body needs for energy is produced by the liver releasing glucose into the blood stream. Alcohol reduces your body's ability to produce this sugar, so you have less energy and less endurance capacity.

Remember - if you were drinking the night before, when the time comes to really dig deep, there mightn't be anything there.

It is also important to remember that drinking before or during exercise can lead to injuries. Alcohol in the body can slow down the healing process leading to an increased recovery time from an injury.

Body Heat Loss

If you've ever had that feeling of running hot and cold after a big night, you'll recognise the symptom.

First, alcohol in your system makes you feel feverish, then you lose body heat too fast leading possibly to hypothermia.

The longer you play or train, or the colder the weather, the greater the risk.

Reaction Times

The relaxant properties of alcohol can flow on into your sport even well after you've finished drinking.

Alcohol affects the central nervous system and slows down the information processing ability of the brain. This in turn affects your reactions, co-ordination, accuracy and balance - all the things most important for staying on top in any sport.

from http://www.alcohol.org.nz/Sport.aspx?PostingID=835

No comments: