Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Straight On ... slowly

17 June

Had a race on 14 June.
Track configuration is as follows:
It is mainly straight, meaning it's very fast.
And that is the problem. My kart package is just not good enough. shakehead.gif
In the last race, I was on the up. This race I was seeing others back
view.

I had to start from 11th from 15 guys. That just goes to show how
slow I am moving around this high speed configuration.

In heat 1, I had some battles with Yap. It had some scary moments
that goes along with it as he was lifting his throttle and even brake
on the downhill chicane. I nearly slam into his back at least twice at
the same spot. sweatdrop.gif Much as I was annoyed, I could not overtake him
nicely as his Max engine churn out more torque.
Which is why I had not out brake him twice on the Black Hole.
Thankfully, I managed to get by twice with this risky move at the
superbly slippery hairpin. ph34r.gif

Along the way, I reckon there were quite a few who DNF and
somehow I got a point by finishing 8th.
Not too bad smile.gif , but I demand more from myself rolleyes.gif

Heat 2.

Starting from 8th is not ideal position to begin with.
As I am just too familiar with the mid field mayhem in the
1st few laps of the race. lipsrsealed.gif
Thankfully, there was no such problems this time round as my
start was not too shabby. However I think I did lose one position
before the 1st corner.

The new few laps were keeping me busy. I was not busy
overtaking but busy having to defend my position. I had to take
a lot of defensive lines to vend off Tony and Yap and Alan and who
knows who else!

I was simply too slow after all slow corners. The engine seems
to be bog down by the aged chassis. No matter how I try to keep the
revs up it seems once after the apex my speed will just all disappear.
All in all, after defending 'bravely' for who knows how many laps.
Tony was the 1st to pounce at the pits section. I tried to fight back
but once on the exit he just pull away. sigh.... shakehead.gif
After a few more laps, Alan and Yap and Allan all got past me.
That was that. Finished 11th, which is where I qualified.
Back to square one!

This is a race I will like to forget but also remember.
Because very likely this will be the last on my Rok kart.
Forget Rok....
As I will be scouting for a Max package with another chassis.
Remember a new beginning that is to come..! biggrin.gif

watch this .... bLOG smile.gif

No comments: