Friday, June 26, 2009

my Kart, the new and the aged

26 June

Let me begin by saying that 'The King of Pop' is dead today
Michael Jackson was 50.
His passing is rather very sudden and shocked the world throughout.
It reminded me of the death of Princess Diana in 1997.

Talking about "death" or an end, my Hasse with Rok engine will
be up for sales. I know it will not generate massive interest but
it will be a perfect tool for anyone who wants have more fun than a,
well, Fun kart. tongue.gif

The price I'm letting the kart go is what my friends deem as a
massive loss on my end. So, do drop me an email if interested.


Anyway, looking some data again and the even tyre wear after the
previous race I will have to say the chassis is actually fine.

I may have to relook my settings. Especially my weight distribution
which means seats, ballast positions, then to front & rear track width.

The teething issue now is as of what I had described earlier, i.e. high
speed instability at the rear. Generally it can be rectified by a wider
rear track, so that the rear tyres will be stay more planted to the track.
Then moving the seat slightly, 5mm, lower should also helps as it will
have a bit more weight on the rear and thus pushing the kart
downwards.

And that should really do it. But I need to test all these 'theory' apart on
race day itself . The problem this month in June I had was that every
time I finished setting up the kart after 'identifying' the issues, it rained!
Can you believe it... every day is hot and it just rained when I'm
about to go on to the track to test new setup! lipsrsealed.gif
Wet setting is very different from dry when I can push it to its limit,
whereas in the rain it more about feeling your way around with the kart.
Smooth throttling, and even smoother braking is the way to go for wet
driving. More often than not in the event of rain, I will just seized the
day's work and go home.

Anyway, I should have some fun when I hit the track again on the
Hasse/Rok combi. I will ensure that whoever get this kart will have fun
in a relatively fast kart, although it will not be much too competitive in
the races we had going now as it is getting more and more pacy from
everyone involved.
But as I mentioned it will be a good 'starter's kit' of sorts. wink.gif
In fact, a lot of those who kart with me mentioned that I should just put
on the used Max engine I got from Gary and I will be right up there.
But.... I need, or should I say, Want new Toys! tongue.gif

Now, that would bring me to the new. thumbsup.gif
After some considerations and some advice, I will very likely go with
a GP-10 chassis with a P7 Rotax Max engine (from Gary).
We all know how to Max engine can and will perform so there's
no need for any introduction. On the other hand, my choice of the
chassis is another matter.
I can't say much on the chassis's performance from personal
experience, since it will be about a month more before I will get it.
Much good things had been said about the chassis, let's wait to
find out how good it actually is. If you have not heard about GP-10 take a look at http://www.kerrpartners.com/products.htm or
http://www.gpracing.it/page14/page8/page8.html

Meanwhile, I will also plan and assess my 'ambitions' for 2010 RMC.

Did I say "Watch this Space" the last time round?
You ought to! sleep.gif

cheers

1 comment:

GPRACING ASIA said...

well done Jonathan keep posting some good news. You can go to GP website and get more info about the recent developments in karting at GP Racing website.