Sunday, November 2, 2008

Slow is Faster

1 Nov, 2008

Went to the track in the morning when it is still raining
very much cats and dogs. I am seriously thinking of
sleeping in instead of karting.... Sleeping

But I'm glad I went in. Because while my friend is awaiting
for his kart to be ready, he tried out my kart.
Seriously, before he tried, I had serious doubt abut my kart
overall. I felt it was slow. I felt it has no low end torque, which
mean I loses out at almost every corner exit.

However, my friend love my kart after he tried it out and
bring it to a fast time around the track. Thumbs Up
WOW!! Then I realised something when he talk me through
his laps with my kart and when we 'race' together later on.

I realised that my kart is indeed faster at some points of the
track, which is why I loses out. I carried too much speed into
the corners and hence exited too slowly. With my brake all
good now, I should discard my resident fear of brake failures
and utilized it properly. I must control my speed into the corners
for a slower entry speed, which will give me a smooth faster speed
exit into the next section of the track. Sunny

The next race will be on 9 Nov, I'm looking forward to it.
It should be interesting.

PS. and thanks to my friend who shown me that my kart isn't
too crap after all! i do think i need a instructor! Tongue

PSS. hope the kid who crashed his race kart into the fun kart
and overturn with him flying out of the kart is of no serious
condition.

No comments: