Monday, November 10, 2008

12, 7, Sixth on 9 Nov

9 Nov, 2008

Will we have a wet kart race when I awake to a wet wet pouring
Sunday early morning? And the sky do not look to be clear any time.

However, on I went to JB for my '1st' race this year.

This is a race I did not expect much from myself and I put two
targets for myself to aim for in my previous entry..

<My aim for this race is to finish among the 1st eight and
get a point.
So, my another aim is not to be lap by the front leaders and
to be consistent in my own pace.>

And a pat on myself that both targets were met!! Tongue

Firstly, I had to go on my qualifying very late as they seemingly
had some difficulties putting new tyres for me!
However that has some good in it, as the track was drying up nicely
enough however I wasn't too keen to push too hard as some sections
are still wet.
Also, I suspected the 1st hairpin for the race start will be a bit of chaos,
thus I'm more than happy to qualify 12th after more of others went out
after me to get a better time.

No worries though, for my aim is really to keep my nose clean and
see out Heat 1 and look at what unfolds in Heat 2.

Heat 1 went quite ok for me. It was a bit boring but Okay.
And true enough, at the 1st hairpin, Tony went off at the start.
No brakes, he was saying.
As Graeme was steady in his pace in front of me and I don't seems to
be able to get any closer to him after I got past Allan.
While Mary Ann, was drifting further behind me.
Towards to end I was just cruising a bit.
In Heat 1, Raymond, Noel, and Allan DNF due to several reasons.
Jason did not managed to get his kart sorted out in time for this heat.
So I was to start in 7th position in Heat 2 to determine the final finishing
position for the overall race.
Smile


During the 1 hour odd break, we had a simple lunch & relax.

Heat 2, started slightly after 3 pm.

We had 4 rolling start laps as some karts at the back cannot keep the
group close and tight enough. Shakehead It was particularly bad, just imagine
all the fumes we had to breathe in. The fumes are the worst when
our engine go in slow speed.
Furthermore, Raymond, because of his DNF in Heat 1, starting from the
back was jump starting the middle pack to the front. He even crashed
in to Kenneth back on one of the rolling lap!! Thumbs Down Thank Goodness,
that he did not crashed in to me though. Raymond had to race without
his front bumper.
Then when it's finally going to start he accelerate past me and Graeme
before the start finish line.
Although, this is not a sanctioned race I reckon he should just be a
bit more gentlemanly in his approach.
After the race, Noel did 'confront' him on it. Well, that's that, I guess.

For me, my start was not good. I just held on to my position after I was
overtaken by Jason and Raymond. Then at lap 2, after the 1st hairpin,
Tony out accelerate me and took me on the straight, and he also took
Graeme after that. Shocked

Soon after a lap, I managed to out pace Graeme and took his place too
on the straight. But boy oh boy, after that we swap places a couple of
occasions before I held it all together. Still I had to constantly check for
his presence, which I believed why I couldn't put in a really good lap time.
But then it was all very Fun!! Thumbs Up Graeme and me shared some
good laugh after the race too.

During Heat 2, Louis, Leo, Tony & Mary-Ann DNF due to several reasons.

And upon completing the 15 laps of Heat 2, I finished the race 6th which
is higher than my target finish, also I was not been lapped by the front
runners. Nice! Bounce Nod

Till the next race! Driving Car

No comments: