Saturday, October 4, 2008

WET & Traffic

4 Oct, Supposed to wake at 6am, but somehow I stop my
alarm without me realizing it. Luckily I still managed to
drag myself out of the bed by 6.20am.

The traffic into JB was smooth today on both sides.
Returning at about 5+pm, it was even smoother! Thumbs Up

Today I was there 1st to help KP to warm his kart, since he
is in Japan for 3 weeks for work. Well, I'm more than delighted
to say Yes! However after waiting close to 2 hours, his kart
engine cannot start. His plug was fouled with oil, and somehow
the oil cannot be displaced off. Gees I don't know what's wrong
but I think they need to have a good look at the engine already.
Shakehead

my gears being under used today

Today I really had limited time to kart as the main reason was
that I was waiting for my front hub extension to come along.
Before, I went out twice but was not able to push too hard.
My front tyres was really bald, and any places that need
extreme grip I slide.

Before I went out for any track time, I did managed to raise the
front of my chassis. It is supposed to give more grip to the front.
Although I was sliding here and there on the track I did feel that
there was indeed more bite the balding tyres. There was some
high speed section that I can steer in without lifting any throttle.
coool ! Thumbs Up

Next up, my hub extension arrived! Fitted with new tires on the
new hub extension and I went out on a semi dry track.
The feel of the front end seems much better in my hands, and
that it did help the grip even further and better. However, it may
just be the new front tires. Then some problems arises with my
new found super front grip is that the rear end snap out! Sweat DropSweat Drop

new front hub fitted
the difference between the 2 front wheels.

Thankfully, for the few times I managed to catch it. Then I thought
with the track full of fun tracks and condition semi wet/dry I rather
not risk it on evaluating the gains I may have on the new adjustment
and 'upgrades' today. I shall live to kart another fine day! Wink

No comments: