Sunday, June 6, 2010

Washout...

6 June

A wet track outing today....!
bummer!

I needed to try some carb settings and see why is it that my RPM
seldom go more than 13,500.

Got to clean the carb, adjust the needle clip position, and even the
main jetting... go out for about 7 laps came back in... then it's poured!

However, seeing that the rain is not going to let off anytime soon I had
2 sessions of wet karting!

To be honest here, I am quite proud of myself.
Not because I was going fast fast... but I do start to appreciate the
art of driving in the wet.
It is difficult... and it's more tough to drive in a dry setting.

I should have widen the front more by a spacer or two and
narrowed the rear wheels... but I was just too lazy.

The laziness had a benefit. I learnt something new today which is
throttling is the critical in exiting through a corner.
Too much of a throttle, a spin is inevitable.
Too little, the kart will just not go and start to slide wide.

It was mighty fun, but it was some work too.
To constantly feel for the grip level and assess how much to push
and know how much to hold back is really tiring.
It certainly does not help when the visor start to fog up in the
condition!!

Oh, I got the trophy from last race!!
A new different design which is not too bad at all.

BUT.... I was still classified fourth after I told Louis (the boss)
that I should be third because I was supposed take the points of
the qualifying while Rory take the 'better' position.

As explained in the previous post, since both Rory and me qualified
with the same time, we tossed coin for the one to make the decision.
I won the toss, and elected to let him start 4th. In turn, it means I
will start 5th but take the points for 4th.

The race table should look this way:


Ah.. well... that's that.
At the end of the day, I race for the fun of it. I enjoy it.
The points do not matters, because it does not mean anything if I
do not enjoy racing where I raced.

And for this race I also feel perhaps I could have done more to
earn a good solid good placing. My heat 2 was just not good enough.

Now, let's look forward to the next one on 20 June.
We should have a few new comers in it.

That should be fun for everyone!

No comments: