Thursday, June 24, 2010

Crash Boom... BANG!

24 Jan

Just a few blog entry back, I was just saying that racing should
be fun. And it will be the main reason that one will continue to
race. Right?
At least it is so for me smile.gif

E.g. Kimi. Once he stop feeling it (fun) in it he stopped F1 and
went over to WRC.

Anyway, nope, I am not going to stop racing. cool.gif

But the race last Sunday had caused some heated moments.

One moment, Tony was helping Leo in adjusting his carb on his
new Rotax Max engine before Heat 1, then during one of the
laps in Heat 1 he sort of pushed Leo into the concrete wall along
the pits!! This incident in turn cause Tyler to hit Leo when he
was crawling across the track after bouncing off the wall. sweatdrop.gif

Fast Forward.... Rained when we waited and waited for Tyler
to return from a lunch outside for Heat 2. DARN!! rifle.gif

I did tried to race when it was still only drizzling. But soon after
it just poured like it threatened to flood the entire track, I just
got back pits to indicate it will be a 'no go'.
Ang and Gary agreed too.

Most of us had learned the lesson... except... rolleyes.gif

So in the end, some (not me) stayed on to race in the wet,
and the wall collected another victim of the day, Louis.
He continued running with slicks, while the rest mounted wet
tyres. His kart spun and its rear hit the wall heavily.

Here, I may have to say... Serve Him Right. lipsrsealed.gif Why?

Because firstly he wrongly informed Tyler that we are going to
start at 3pm when already we mentioned we wanted to start at
2pm. Although Tyler had to shoulder some blame for not reaching
the track on time for the briefing. thumbsdown.gif

Secondly, even though he has wets he did not put them on his kart.
His SILLY philosophy is always 'Can means can lah'
Surely, he can and he did ... crashed into the wall! hur.gif
Hope the old man starts to learn his lessons.

One can watch the crash here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=412020881669&ref=mf

Putting some of my frustrations of the race 1st, I am now happy
to write about my race... which is actually frustrating too!
mellow.gif

It started when I do not feel so good in the used set of MG tires.
So I just change to the Vega Blue which Louis now retails.

It was ok... But being the very time of using it, I did not know
how it measure against the rest of the tyre makes.
Until qualifying... I realised it was not so good as I only got to
10th out of 14 guys. ohmy.gif

Gees... a huge huge step backwards!

Then I start to think a bit..
I do reckon my driving should not or will not just deteriorate so
much in between races, so what had changed?

Grip level = tyres !

So I went about setting my front torsion bar settings, and
rear width settings... and Pray I will make up some ground
as soon as the green flag dropped.

The kart feel so much better with the changes.
Especially so, through the slippery Black Hole and Dungeons
hairpins.

Starting from 10th is, of curse, not ideal.
But it was fun when I managed to race with Alan Lange for position
at one stage, and overtook Tony after he lost grip at the Dungeons.

I could have overtook Gary as well, in my opinion. But when I past
Tony, he was just weaving in and out of the track.
In one of his crazy movement my front bumpers crossed underneath
his rear bumpers!
What the .... !! shakehead.gif

Later he mentioned he was trying to block off Mark... who he said
just cut him off in the earlier laps.
That may be true but it does no give anyone the rights to drive
dangerously across the tarmac like he did.

I was incensed after the brief contact, and started to gesture at
him. Ya I know... he would not see me anyway but Allan Lange
who was behind me did. rolleyes.gif

Honestly I should have not lose my concentration and keep up with
him and put my challenge firmly on him for the 4th place.

Then he started to pull away slightly lap by lap... and I eventually
finished 5th behind him.

It was good fun.
It should be better overall though, not for me only but for many
others.

I just have to wonder what will the next race be like?

With Leo now on a Max engine, KP racing, and will Allan Smith and
Rory be up front again?
What will the track dynamics be?

Importantly, where will I be? Before all these, I need to clear my
sinuses else I will be racing again without much trainings.

So, in all, I will race. Because it is fun. The fun do not just reside
on the fact of racing alone. It is good because of the good friendship
we had with everyone.
If this is gone, then more than 50% of the fun is lost for me.
And Racing will be just racing... perhaps then I will just follow Kimi
and makan some ice cream instead...

No comments: