Monday, April 12, 2010

Joy Ride

12 Apr

Been about 2-3 weeks since I had much fun.
That is thanks to Ivan!! His kart, #99:

Although, his seat is quite small for me which make
me very afraid about pushing it to the limits at the start.
After some squeezing exercise, I still managed to make
myself comfortable and did some good laps times with it.

At the start, the first few laps out was really uncomfortable.
Beside the seat being small (or me being Fat!!), his brakes feel
is different from what I am already very used to on my own
kart.
Some adjustments to it was made, and off I went again.

Amazingly, it managed to do one lap of 45.99s and the rest
in the low 46s like 46.1s and 46.2s

Had some good track time together with Graeme.

There was once he wanted me to spot his kart, as to where and
how much it was lifting. That would means I will have to follow
him around. I did. Somehow after a lap or so doing that, I forgotten
about 'the mission' I went all out and promptly overtook him after
the spoon before the pits in a race like maneuver. It was crazy!
Though I must admit it was mighty fun... maybe not for him

Anyway, I should say Ivan's kart is great joy to drive.
Even as I had some slight rib ache because of the seat size, I am
delighted I took his offer to try it.

ah... he is now considering or will be selling his kart.
So, if anyone is interested do drop me a mail and will point you to
him.

New structure at Plentong track:


2 comments:

airworm said...

Finally a viewing tower! Yo Jon, I also wanna sell my kart leh..

Velocita Karting said...

Thanks Jon for your nice report. Pls let me do advertisement here :P

Your lap time is actually close to my best lap 45.8 using Mojo D2. This #99 still have potential to do early 45sec or even within 45 .. but too bad I can't afford spending time & $ to test and practice now. It is time I should help it to find a new owner.

Jon should know I spend more time to do maintenance than racing. We have to push our racing equipment on very limit during race, so everything in your kart has to be kept in the best condition always.

So don't worry about #99's condition and competitiveness. It is still a front runner in Plentong. I never finished lower than top 3 in Plentong race club unless I can't finish the race. Going to RMC is always my target but I have to leave the race track for a while due to my family commitment.

The current setting is more suitable for lower grip Mojo D2, but for the beginner, I suggest not to change any setting first. Just do practice as many laps as you can, join races to get more real race experience. And don't forget to do more exercise to strengthen your stamina, that is much better than you waste time to read the opinion from those "experts" in discussion forum or website.

Please contact Jon if you re interested in #99. Hope you all enjoy karting.

Thanks for reading.

Ivan