Monday, January 25, 2010

Smoothening It

25 Jan

Below is the pic of what I saw when I was getting into
Plentong track on Sunday, 24 Jan.
Some of the dirt track section now has some good tarmac
surface on it. Not really a road yet, do not know if it will ever be,
but at least I can say there are definitely much less potholes
to avoid towards the final stretch. Enjoy the smooth road ahead!!


Aptly, as per my blog title here, I guess I must clear up
something from my previous entry dated 17 Jan.

I wrote:
"Alan Lange did joined us in the fray with his monster
engine
as mentioned.

At lap one or two, I guess he was one of the reason or 'the'
reason that caused both Leo and Graeme to go off. shakehead.gif "

At the start of the entry, I did mentioned also

"I guess I will keep it short for this one for now.
I'm pretty beat.
"

But that is no reason to point an accusing finger
solely at Alan for the incident that happened.
What exactly happened is unclear, at least to me.
Note, the word EXACTLY.
Because I was some karts length behind the trio.
So from where I am, what I can made from it was that
Alan slowed near to the pits entry (engine problem
coupled with low grip tryes) Graeme and Leo probably
sensed that and went for it.

Basically, three's crowd. They maybe went for the same
piece of tarmac, Alan slipped and slided... incident
happened.
Likewise, I can't described the incident as the fault of the
drivers behind trying to overtake. We are Racing!

Anyway, I hope if you are reading this, incidents involving
karts normally have a combination of events happening
that caused it. Note, I said Normally, there are exceptions
of course.

One important point here for me to note is that for a race
everyone has to try to get the tyre make agreed on.
Once the green flag drop, everyone just go.
There is no time to think or react if the guy in front or
even behind is using a lesser grip tyres.
That is why I will be against the silly rule that Louis is
thinking of i.e. have to 1st three positioned driver of
the previous race to use Mojo D2 instead of MG
yellow in the next race.

How silly and dangerous that is.
Now, I think this incident just demonstrated its
potential recipe for crashes.

And had we forgotten why F1 and MotoGP all returned
to single tyre make?

Ah... Tony gotten front brakes on his kart!
Nice!
He spent almost..... many hours fixing it!
By the time, he started to hop into his kart I was
almost done for the day.

My day consist of me 'playing' around with my really
wasted MG tyres, and got some brake fluid replaced.
I will try to replace the fluid every 6 months or so in
order to get the equipment running in its best condition.
Perhaps every 3 months?

Then when the MG really gave up on me, I got some
Mojo D2 on. This is the tyre I need to get some real
track time on, because it is the ones which will be use
for the RMC.
Furthermore, James showed me something special again on
Sunday that it is possible to do a 45+sec lap with Mojo!
I think I can do a high 45sec with MG tyre, but when I use
Mojo it is about 47 flat !

Gees...

I knew for a long time even though I was feeling good
in my GP10 kart I still have some really serious work
to be done.

Time to get real serious and get things going... faster!

Below pic is when I was heading out. It does seems more
'tarmac' is been put by the side ready to give us a smoother
ride to our 'play ground'
cheers... and thanks for reading

2 comments:

airworm said...

Tarmac all the way in man!! So i can drive myself in!

Velocita Karting said...

well... it could very well happen!