Sunday, January 3, 2010

Experience @ Kartright, Singapore

3 Jan

Today, I had a chance to get to go around on a race kart
in Singapore.
Believe it or not, this is the first ever for me.

The track fee for karting here is S$75. ohmy.gif

This opportunity to kart come about quite late at about
1.30pm when Uncle Yee called to check if I'm interested.

Of course, I am!!

Although, overall at the end of the session which I did not
get too much time on the kart (Gillard with KF2 engine)
I rather wished I had not wasted the money.

The track is not too bad, it's however just too technical to
really enjoy the experience of karting.
A lot of people had told me that the track is very bumpy.
Now, I can tell you that it's BLOODY BumPy...!
It is a very low grip track.
With many tight turns, the kart has to be set to its "grippiest"
and run at a big rear sprocket for it to exit the corner nicely.

What I had on the kart that was offered to me has
quite a fair good power at the back, but the tyres were very
old (1 year) shakehead.gif .
So you can understand why I felt it was a waste of time
running in such condition.

Not that I am not grateful for the chance to 'play' but
unable to push in the machine is not really pleasant.
More unpleasant was the fact that because of the
old tyres the rear brakes do not really seems to work at all.
Imagine this, I was putting my foot down on the brake
before and during the corners and it still travel forward
with no hint of slowing. blink.gif
It's border line dangerous.
I had not driven in such manner for a long time.

I was sweating more than ever after only less than 10 laps.
It was extremely difficult to drive around with the super
hard tyres making the kart refusing to take any apexes.
Then it bumps.. then it cannot turn in.. then it bumps again..
This cycle just repeats itself over and over again until
I just have to pit in.

If I have to try this track again, I would bring my own
tyres for the track.
It can be interesting to drive in.
But one have to be ready with the settings, equipment, and
being physical fit.

Well, what a way to start 2010 tongue.gif because I reckon
things will get only better from here!
thumbsup.gif

2 comments:

airworm said...

So in other words..can give it a miss issit? unless we bring our own karts? haha

Velocita Karting said...

can try the track la, but hv to be very careful. it can be challenging and somewhat fun if the kart is up to the task. ;)