Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blurry Fast..

19 Jan

There are some details for races I realised I cannot piece
together after it. confused.gif

So much can happened at the same time, and sometimes
nothing happened at all for the whole race.

For the 17 Jan race, I would think I had recalled what I
could. At least those interesting bits in the previous entry.

There are of course the ones which I had to battle extremely
hard at one of the hairpins to get past Graeme in Heat 1.
The first time I tried the move on him, both of us literally
went past the hairpin together. thumbsup.gif
Eventually, I had to back off slightly and let him go.
A few laps later, I had to move on him again at the same spot.
Braking as late as I can, making the move cleanly I went
past. Then I embarked to try to catch Leo.
He was just too far ahead already.

Heat 2 interesting moments were that in Lap 1 or 2 I tried
to overtake Graeme or Leo at the Spoon using the outside
line ... bad move. It cause me two places instantly! mellow.gif
Then I retook them (somehow, and I can't recalled who was
it!)
After or before that, the incident involving Graeme and Leo
occurred.
The interesting bit was that I overtook CK at the same hairpin
which I went past Graeme in the earlier heat. And I heard
loud screeching behind me, once I went ahead. rolleyes.gif

That is fun! That is racing! I think CK enjoyed it too... or not.

The rest of the remaining I was trying to concentrate fully and
pull away from CK. I did.
I was told I was slowing in the closing stage by Graeme and Leo.
I said 'no' then. Thinking back, I think I did slowed.
The timing show that. And that I was not throttling as hard or as
crisp for the corners already.
I could see that I was quite long way from CK, and hence there
was no reason to push all too hard.

At the last lap, the mechanics who were stationed around the track
gave me the thumbs up. I was glad.
But I just have to tell myself that I still have to complete this lap
to 'win'.
Then chequered flag.
happy.gif

One of the strange occurrence in this few 'races' were that I was
just using one size sprocket for the short or long track layout. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Anyway as the new season of racing is coming real soon, more
serious had to be done. Hopefully there will be more good news
here. smile.gif

No comments: