Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tales of times

5 Dec

Got the time sheets from race on 29 Dec.

Probably repeating what I had said before... but
here goes anyway.

This Heat 1 time sheet is one of the restart since the 1st
was Red Flagged.

From what I see, my first lap again was not very good.
Really really need to work on it.
Not sure if I'm struggling with early tyre grip, or the
lack of it. Or it could be just been too tentative with
the pace early on. Again, I reckon it's likely a combination
of both. Have to look at it.

I cannot recalled exactly if Louis overtook me on Lap 1
or Lap 2. In any case, once he's in front of me I was just
struggling to find a way past.
Along came Tony at about Lap 5 or 6, which got us all
fighting for positions, and possibly the early lead.

That's when I get slightly optimistic, and spun at Lap 9.
Stopping for for about 14 secs at the hairpin after the start
finish.

After that I was just driving the best I could, and was just
glad I managed to post quite consistent times in the low of
46seconds. In the last 4 laps or so, it seems very good.

Well, if only I could keep my head and the kart in the hunt
then.

Looking at Thaddeus's time, I realised that doing a lap
of sub 46seconds is not really good enough.
He has at least 4 sub 46seconds laps and 3 of which is faster
than mine! As I mentioned previously, much more to learn!!


Heat 2

This heat started when it seem like it might rain, but the
weather held on.

After lap 3, I had an agonizing painful stomach cramp.
It is quite odd, but I reckon it's from dehydration.
Because I hardly had enough fluid the entire day before.
No excuse though, I should have dragged a bottle of water
around the Sitex Show.

Looking at the times here, it was just pleasing to see
that I hit 2 sub 46 seconds nice laps before the cramp
got to me.
I go to get this as a solid basis and build on it.

To be really consistent at it too, as we will notice young
Thaddeus lap times had 10 of them in the sub 46 seconds.

Hence I will be very much looking forward to have him
in the race next week. Possibly, there will be more drivers
to compete with him too.

No comments: