Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Setting it Up

11 Nov

Had a race last Sunday, 8 Nov.

Had some practice on the Friday before the race, and had
proceeded to get some front end setting changed.
After it was done, it rained heavily and I had no chance to
test it out until Sunday itself.

And from the experience, I am very hesitate to adjust any
setting on the kart on race day itself. So I just continue to
drive on with a heavy front end kart, which surely had given
me a set of very strong shoulder & forearm muscle.

Qualifying was a below average affair which see me starting
at 10th.
Then come Heat 1, which saw a incident on Lap 1 which saw
Gary and Mark got into a tangle at the hairpin before the spoon.
Taking the opportunity, I moved up some positions.

After that I was following Mary, and managed overtook her
at the hairpin exit before the spoon.
Then I was stuck behind Tony for the rest of the Heat 1.
We even had some scuffles which left some tyre mark on my
front bumper. FUN !!
He was going extremely defensive... and to be honest I was
going limb with the front end being so darn heavy!

Heat 2 is not good for me personally I feel as I was not
able to feel as 'good' as Heat 1.
Likely I was tired. And the 2 races tyres are starting not
to give as much feel as I would like them to.
Started 6th for Heat 2 and finished 8th.

Basically, I was quite very sore in my forearm when the
race was done.

Oh, I started 6th for Heat 2 because Leo and Joey were
found to be under the minimum weight requirement...
To top it off, Leo was a mere 0.1 kg off the required 165kg !

Personally, I need to regain much of the strength and
stamina I lost during my 6 weeks breaks because of the rib
injury. Speaking of that, my right ribs area are also slightly
sore.
I felt that by the mid of Heat 2 I was drifting off mentally.

I do not know if it was due to been stuck behind Tony again,
or my lack of fitness.
I supposed it's a combination of both.

So there's another point for me to ponder about.
Get past your competitors asap, and be aggressive when
required.

Although this is the last of the races by the track owner,
we are going to have further racing.

So there will be more here for me to blah blah about.
Hopefully, I really hope and wish, I will be soon writing
about some good than just 'I should have....' 'I could have...'
I'm sick of writing along that line.
Which is part of the reason why there isn't much details on
the races. My apologies.

I'm just feeling that I had not been able to give what I think
I could have. It's just odd that although I had aches here and
there I still feel there is something more there which I had
not been able to dig out...

Hmmm another point for me to sleep on it.

2 comments:

airworm said...

Takes time...soon u will get it right. Hope everyone was safe.

Velocita Karting said...

thanks! sooner than later i hope!
;)