Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Here or there

20 Nov

No real activities over the weekends, but I did went over
to Kartright at Arena Country Club again on 15 Nov
Saw Ah Sheng there with Ben and 2 others who are using
Tony Kart, hang out with them for the rest of the afternoon.

Speaking of Tony Kart chassis, the 1st person I saw was
James Lee. He was there taking a look too. We chatted briefly,
and I asked what's his expectation of the RedWhite race this
weekend at Sepang will be. 'Top 10' was his answer. He further
elaborated that it is because he flet he is not using the Tony
Kart this year. The TonyKart chassis he felt is easier to set and
possibly give him about a few tenth per lap of what he can do
now. Quite amazing.

Talking about settings, I think I back to square one on it.
Have to find some time to test the kart without the time
'pressure' of the race. Also, without the rain pouring incessantly
Have to remind myself to be patient this time, and sensitive.
I really hope I can understand the chassis more and make full
use of it in the next race.

Oh, this kartright track is gathering some people there...
There are 2 Ferraris in the carpark, and I saw the owners on
the track on their karts. Also present was Margaret Lee, a
local actress, there looking on as his man tried his hand on a
newly acquired kart. We spoke as we were in the Tony Kart
'section'. His man was visibly tired and battered in the ribs
areas towards the end of the day which says a lot of the track
kerbs one may have to ride over per lap.

I am keen to try this track some times. Not with my kart though
as it is much too troublesome to bring it in and out of the borders.
Probably I will get some kind soul to use their day for a day
sessions.

One of the interesting discussion there for awhile is about
the track in Plentong and here in Singapore.
Safe to travel to JB for karting? Silly stretch of dirt track,
and the traffic situation at the causeway is the among the few
main hindrances.
But to kart in Malaysia, still has one big advantage which is its
lower cost.

Kartright is definitely more accessible but the cost
of doing what I do at Plentong may easily be doubled. Easily
is the key word followed by doubled.

Well, food for thoughts for some who are thinking of karting either
here or there. And time to get it there for my kart and my drive!

No comments: