Friday, May 29, 2009

Setting It Up

29 May

Almost 2 weeks had passed since the last race.

I had been to the track about 4 times since then to run in
the repaired Rok engine and to set up the chassis.

However, during these few occasions it had been seriously
disappointing.
The times from my own kart will not dip below 49 seconds,
which is a more than 2 seconds from what I can do in the race
on track configuration B.

After running in the engine, I went about pushing the engine
a bit and the initial feel was that it is fast. The whole kart feel
quick but the timing is slow at 49 seconds.
Also, Ivan and I after trying the kart we realised that the front
end seems to nervy. It just twitch and turn with the slightest of
movement on the steering. At times, I do not know if the kart
will actually turn or not, then I also have to be afraid of oversteering
it into any corners.
Not a good setup at all.

At least now I know what a quick kart feels like, and I can use that
as a basis to move from here.

Firstly, I checked the Ackerman angle. It was normal.

Then I reset the seat, as I felt that it was leaning slightly too far
back. And it could be this that pushes much center of gravity to its
rear.
Done... but with same result.

Losing heart with it. But I will continue to try all means and way
before I may have to make some drastic actions.

No comments: