Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gear Up

The last race, I had received the new Sparco Coolmax balaclava
and a set of OMP kneepad.

It was ordered together with Leo who gotten his new Alpinestars
KM3 Light suit.

I wanted a new balaclava as the one I am using at the moment
is a tad too thin in material. Thus at certain period of a race,
my helmet seems to move upwards in high speed sections.
It can be very distracting and uncomfortable.
Just glad that I managed to rectify the 'floating' helmet!

The OMP kneepad replaced the Sparco ones I had.
Because I feel that the Sparco ones was too hard in its make.
Maybe it's because that particular make is for the usage of
mechanics. The OMP kneepad is made of good thick foam
that wrap around the knee area nicely. On the Monday after
the race, my knee only felt slightly tight. There was no pain
or bruise which I observed at times.

All in all, I reckon it's money well spent on the right
equipment for the specific usage.

No comments: