Monday, June 13, 2011

Oddly Strangely Enough

13 June

Strangely, I still had this feeling inside me which I guess I will concede as 'anger'. Somehow I am still upset that despite getting the tyres right for last race Heat 2 I did not manage to win it. Was I too confident that the others will just trip over themselves? Many did, but it just took two guys to get ahead from me because of wrong setup.

I must learn to be more aware of the environment, and be constantly checking. One must not be relaying on just mechanics. And even after they are kind enough to provide assistances I will now check their work. E.g., a simple error of bolting the airbox back caused the engine to pop at odd times, and that definitely rob me of some bhp during the race.

Irritating (at myself) indeed!!

Very oddly also, if I looked at my past entry in this blog I had always mentioned I would probably skipped the races which are only of the straights, but now I may have to rethink if this should be the case.

My first heat win came from a 'straight' track configuration and and the last race win was from a somewhat configuration too. I do not know for sure what can change as I do recall in general I do not normally do that well in that sort of layout.

Similarly, I had always avoid and dislikes wet driving, and both 'wins' had came from that sort of conditions!

Perhaps something in myself had trigger me to like what I did not like before, and it's now a complete turnaround.

Not complaining, and hope of more good race to come!

cheers!

No comments: