Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pleasure Pressure

5 Aug

Within the next couple of days, my new kart of GP10 chassis
armed with a P7 Rotax Max engine fitted with a Tillett seat
should be ready to hit the track proper. thumbsup.gif

I hope there will be some "exciting times" for me with
these very good equipment. Exciting times in terms of
good lap times and even 'gooder' results too! happy.gif

Some of my buddies from the race track had been saying
to me that I will definitely be 'fast' on the track with this
'babe' and I really do hope so.

However, as I was been told by by the good man, "KJ"
who is the dealer for GP10 in Asia, that this is NOT a
magic chassis.

Totally understood what he is saying. nod.gif

There are a lot to do before I can really get to where
I think I can during a race.
Basically, I have to tune the kart to my utmost liking
and while doing these we must not forget the engine has
to be set up nicely too.
Having said and done the equipment portions, I have to
constantly refined my racing line, braking technique (front
brake is new to me!), and smooth steering inputs.
Better overall skills will and should shave off a couple of
tenths here and there on any track configurations. smile.gif

Another aspect is that I have to improve my overall
fitness further. Once, I did told Ivan that driver's fitness
in karting is one of the most essential factor for any serious
race participants. We concluded that if supposedly my racing
line, technique, and equipment is not up to par, then I hope
me been fitter can push harder on my kart for a longer
period of time. I will chase until either the guy in front break
or I cannot breathe any longer. laugh.gif

Pleasure or Pressure? Ivan interestingly had mentioned
to me that "do i feel the pressure?"
He asked because I had gotten the GP10 at a wonderful price
so that I can hopefully 'showcase' it to where a lot of locals kart
and race.
Thus, I need to produce some good "result"... preferably
sooner than later! Also there's some sort of expectations for
the 2010 RMC. Honestly, I do not feel any pressure. smile.gif
Yes, I will perform to my best abilities and race my heart out...
Then again, I always do so. It will be no different.
Now, I will just try even harder.

Hence, I think it will be a pleasure to be racing at the sharp
fore.

To me, pressure will be unable to race due to lack of funds.
That will be a heart breaker.
No amount of skill or talent or willingness can overcome
the cold hard truth that motorsports has to do a lot with
financial resources. lipsrsealed.gif

I just hope the economy situation will be turning for
the better so that I don't have to think thrice before
committing to a race in 2010.

Meanwhile, the track awaits a blue machine...

No comments: