Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Bithday !

9 Aug

Today is Singapore National Day, so Happy National Day
holiday everyone!

And Happy Birthday too to BOLT, my new kart of
a GP10 chassis with Rotax Max engine. laugh.gif

Have been awaiting for this moment to come...
and today had been the ever first time I sat in the kart! sunny.gif

Hence, today had been a day of testing. Real testing of
trying things out.
Obviously somethings had gone wrong, like a throttle jam
in the earlier part of the day and a missing fuel tank catch
at the end of the day... lipsrsealed.gif

But I think the day went on fine especially with the great
assistances like technical advice from Gary, the work of
Jason, and the 'race' with Graeme.
Thanks guys! thumbsup.gif
Especially to Graeme who gave me first whack on my
rear bumper after I overtook him at Turn 1. tongue.gif

And thank God for holding the rain that is ever
threatening the whole day

All in all, I managed to get a couple of good runs with
the issues identified, and solutions found.
From the very 1st run to the very end there were relative
vast improvement.

However, I believed there will be more to test on like
ride height of the chassis, and engine sprocket selections
etc

I believe with more track time on the kart I should be able
to do a competitive lap times consistently. cool.gif

locked in the cage... awaiting its owner to arrive

released from the cage, but have to be work on before it can
hit the track

the finished 'product' and BOLT is really to pounce

<78> powered Rotax Max engine on a GP10 chassis wub.gif

No comments: