Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What are I make of?

Yes, that's I realised was the tagline of Tag Hauer however it
will be interesting to see how I react in this coming last race
after discovering that Rok engine is indeed 'inferior' to other
makes. That is, if everyone run at the standard minimum
weight of 160kg at Plentong.

The minimum weight stated in one technical regulation
I saw is:

ROK--155 KGS.
PRD FIRE BALL--165 KGS.
ROTAX MAX FR 125--165 KGS.
PARILLA X3--168 KGS.
KF2 HOMOLOGATED ENGINES --168 KGS.
SUPER ROK / PCR 125--168 KGS.

Which is for myself, I had been running more weights than
needed, and the rest of the field is running lighter than
needed. Gees !! It does quite a bit in explaining how the
rest can climb the uphill so nicely while I struggle to move!

To be frank, I feel like taking a freaking hammer and smashed
my engine and myself.... for buying the Rok!
I feel an impluse to buy a brand new engine. I dun want to be
left at the foot of the hill, literally!

Then I come to peace with it. Since the engine is lacking of
torque I should then be more aggressive in certain aspects of
my tuning. The engine can't be that all bad. I just have to
give it a little spankings so that it will move along!

So instead of been gentle and smooth with the throttle I will
gun the throttle more. I hope it works. I hope I will enjoy the
last race, which will run the full track layout.
21 Dec awaits

No comments: