Monday, December 8, 2008

7 Dec...Disaster !

What exactly is a disaster?

I know it all on race day, 7 Dec.

Firstly, after charging up my battery, I started my engine.
It's good, then I proceed to push my kart out and I changed
to go out on the track for test and qualifying.

Up on the straight, the engine sound odd. The RPM holds at
about 9200 without pushing any further and then go again.
Odd. Then I came back in. Look at the engine and whatever
and then I went back out and try again. Same.

Pitted in and found Jason the mech, and we wondered if it's the
main jet that is too small for the long straight configuration.
We agreed to change it. But Lo and Behold, he found out that
my choke lever is UP!! WTHell!

In any case, we did changed the main jet. Went out quickly for
a few laps. The lap times are slowly improving during my runs.
Although it's not good, I'm getting better time each lap.

I tried to think while driving on how to get a slight faster time.
I did try to have lesser steering input on some corners,
and it works. However, when I did the same on the corner at
the uphill straight I went off. It was so fast, I could not react.
I did not think it will go off at all too. The kart landed into
the 'ditch'.

Damages: both that held the front steering component broke.
Worse still, brake disc is like to be slightly wrap, along with the
disc carrier, and the rear axle!

Think of it, I had never really went off so many times in practise
and in race or quali. I think I getting frustrated on the engine
performance. I'm pushing harder to match some of my friends'
timings. I know I can do it, but somehow the engine will not carry
me along.

That's about it on 7 Dec, as even though I tried to race in Heat 1
which is wet I could not do no more than 5 laps. The brake pad is
holding my traction which is needed to push me out of the corners,
more so vital in wet conditions.

To be honest, I'm hugely frustrated and angry. I'm unsure with who
or at what. But I know I'm feeling these emotions.
I just want to have a good race. A better race. I don't need to win to
be happy, but I just want to be able to compete properly and to have
the performance of the engine to match my expectations.

I may have Roland to be at the track to see the lack of bottom end
one of these days real soon, else I may just go bonkers!

ah well, till 21 Dec! and fingers crossed.

No comments: