Saturday, June 14, 2008

Driven by Speed, an Introduction to Go Karting

I always wanted just to try go karting. I had read and heard
what fun it is from others.
I do remembered speaking to someone at his booth with a go kart
when I first go to a Motorshow many years back. I asked him many
questions from the fitness required and the cost of running such a
machine.

As I was studying then, the cost seems astronomic.
Everything from buying a kart, tires, and accessories are really beyond
my humble background. Sweat Drop
Not that the cost has reduced dramatically, but at least I do not have
to ask from my parents for it now,.

I have karted on Bintan, and Manila, however, it is where Johor Bahru
gives me somewhere to start karting very much frequently. Permas Jaya.
I started hop into the fun kart (80cc), then into the slightly more
powerful (WPP 80cc) kart, then moving to the 390cc kart (pic above).
All these are considered fun kart.
In between, I tried the 100cc race kart. The acceleration and
speed were nothing u can compared to! Both Amazing & Nerve
Wrecking! But very fun. Thumbs Up

After much thoughts, I finally decided to get one personal race kart
myself!
Wink It's a big step for myself! And ever since I had learnt a lot.

Had never realized such a small diminutive machine is so much more
complicated than it appeared to be. Now, I'm still learning.
And the purpose of me blogging is that I hope I can crystallized my
experiences and learning points. So that I may reflect on it at a later
stage, and whoever read my posts may find it useful for either hobby
karting, or amateur race karting.

cheers
Smile

No comments: