Sunday, January 9, 2011

The First

9 Jan


The first race of 2011 is next week.

Following last week great sessions, I went to the tack
yesterday hoping for more of the same in preparation of
next week race.

But I was defeated, deflated and drained when I got
back home.
Probably it was the tyres that were pretty worn with all
the sessions I done with it along with the race a month back.

Thinking about it, I do reckon that tyres are best used within
a month or so else it will just go bad like, say, eggs.

The vibration from the front caused my right leg to ache
somewhat now. Quite sure it's the tyres and not the steering
column which I spent some time tweaking it.

Why I was drained is also because my neck was hurting
somewhat when I was negotiating the hairpins around the
track. And for those who had went around Plentong Track,
there was plenty of those.
Thus, I will be very careful in the next days to get it sorted
out otherwise the race will be long and challenging.

Speaking of tyres again, although we all did try to have a
standard tyres so that the race will not be so much about
the black rubber I do think it will be very tough to enforce.

Firstly Louis only bring in Vega, and his stocks are mixed
with the Blues and Greens, and at times there were
insufficient stocks.

Hence I guess I will stick to my choice of MG Yellows.
So far it had prove to be the most consistent and very easy
to set the kart with.

In next week race, I hope I will be competitive again and
smarter.

Let's start the 2011 with a good one!!

And oh, thanks for everyone and whoever is reading.
Some times it's nice to know some of the information put
here is of some use.

cheers

1 comment:

airworm said...

All the best bro..good luck for next week's race!