Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Unexpected

8 Sept

Unexpected… this is what Sunday had all about.

Leo had unexpectedly won his first race of the year. To begin with he had unexpectedly sat in his kart to race.

Because the day started with much rain pouring down, and he did not even bothered to bring his bag of equipment from his car to the track!

However, it was really nice to see him completed all 3 runs from Qualifying to Heat
2. Topping all of it, no less.

I would like to claim some credits… as I had kindly loan him my battery, gloves, and sold him the wet tyres set at a good price!


So, how did I do then?

Without wets, I just had to sit out of the Qualifying. Just like Leo, we were thinking of going to locate a good spa and relax instead.

Unexpectedly, the rain just ceased after the qualifying with the sun shining through the layers of clouds.

Seeing the track drying, I changed out and try the track out.

It was generally okay, but some sections remain wet with stream of water running across the track making it quite tricky to negotiate.

Since I had not done the Qualifying, I will start Heat 1 from the back at 9th.It should be quite fun! And it is.

I finished 5th. Honestly speaking, I was somewhat disappointed with that. I would expected myself to be more competitive.

I’m kicking myself because I screwed my start once again. Not only in Heat 1, but in Heat 2 too!

When the start is bad, it is extremely tough to get past the pack especially so when the guys and one lady are all very experienced drivers.

Results aside, I think I enjoyed the drive. It was fun to do some catch up from the back. Only wish I had been more adventurous in the initial laps, then perhaps I can do some more about a better finish.

Heat 2, started at 2pm. Starting in 5th is relatively a good position, taking into account that I will be having the inside line for the 1st corner.

I was ready... or I think I am...

At the start, straight after the hairpin I was overtaken by 3 karts!
I was like at the very tail end again!

Crap... how could I do so bad at the start... again.
Perhaps I should have not meddle with the carb setting in anticipation of more cool weather.

Anyway it was a good lesson learnt, and I had seen the differences in what each setting does.

To make myself feel better, I managed to recover nicely from 8th in the 1st corner to finish 4th.

Considering that I had not even think I was kart on Sunday to doing 2 heats it is good to have some muscle ache on Monday.

No comments: