Thursday, July 23, 2009

what Time is it?

23 July

Some stats after looking through the lap time sheets of
last Sunday's race.

Same lap times: Both Heat 1 and Heat 2, I have the same
lap time for lap 1, 56.24. interesting....

My best lap time for Heat 1 is 52.03 on the 2nd lap,
where Heat 2 2nd lap timed at 53.44

Best lap time for Heat 2 and overall best on the day is 51.69
on the 13rd lap, as compared to Heat 1 13rd lap at 53.17

Slowest of the lap times, excluding the 1st lap and the sliding
lap in Heat 1, shows 55.27 for Heat 1, and 53.44 for Heat 2.

As mentioned, I need to be smarter in the race start and this
is why: the front runners are doing about mid 52 for their
first lap while I am crawling around the lap at 56.24 during
Heat 1. Similarly, in Heat 2, the front guys are doing about
low 53, while I again did the lap 3 sec slower.

All in all, that means I almost lost all chances to catch up with
the front pack. It would take really something to close up to
them as they are will not be dilly dallying once the green
flag drops.

So, rolling start is to improve along with qualifying pace too!
Much to do then...

No comments: